This meatloaf recipe is easy to make and delicious. It’s a fun family dinner idea for the whole week!
Mini meatloaves are a delicious and easy-to-make dinner that you can make ahead of time. This recipe is made with ground beef, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning.
This recipe for Mini Meatloaf is a simple, delicious, and family-favorite supper. Plus, owing to muffin pans, the soft meatloaf muffins with tasty glaze cook in a fraction of the time!
It doesn’t get much better than meatloaf when you’re looking for a supper that’s fast, simple, affordable, and attractive to everyone from 1 to 99. If you want to spice up your meatloaf while saving time in the kitchen, brush it with a flavorful glaze and bake it into charming Mini Meatloaf muffins.
What’s the Point of Making Meatloaf Muffins?
This Recipe for Mini Meatloaf has been a go-to for me when I need a fast, good supper on the table for years. In fact, I can’t recall the last time I made a meatloaf that wasn’t in the shape of a muffin.
So, what is it about them that I find so appealing?
- The Mini Meatloaf bakes up significantly quicker than the regular loaf form (think 20 minutes vs. 1 hour), so supper is served in no time!
- Muffins made with meatloaf keep particularly moist.
- They feature an ideal glaze-to-meat ratio.
- Finally, they’re already neatly portioned and adorable, which is always a plus when it comes to feeding picky kids.
Mini Meatloaf is fast and simple to prepare, using just eight basic Ingredients.
- Beef that has been ground When I prepare meatloaf, I like to use lean ground beef (such as 90/10) so that there is less fat to drain. If you want to use ground turkey instead, make sure it’s ordinary ground turkey (all or mainly dark meat), since ground breast meat might result in dry, crumbly meatloaf. You may also use half ordinary ground turkey and half ground beef.
- The egg is used for its moisture and binding properties.
- Breadcrumbs in their natural state. You may use either store-bought dry breadcrumbs (be sure to read the label!) or homemade breadcrumbs, freshly ground or from your freezer.
- powdered garlic
- Seasoning. Use your preferred spice combination in this recipe. Season salt or Creole seasoning are my go-to seasonings. If your spice blend is lacking in salt, you’ll need to add 14 to 12 teaspoon fine salt to your meatloaf mixture to compensate.
- Barbecue sauce is a kind of sauce that is used to cook meat. Choose a barbecue sauce that appeals to you, whether it’s smokey, spicy, or sweet. I use a combination of store-bought spicy Texas and smoky-sweet Kansas City barbecue sauces or my Homemade BBQ Sauce.
- Salsa. This dish includes salsa as well as barbecue sauce for some added heat. Use a salsa that you prefer, whether it’s mild or spicy. Instead of a chunky, picante-style salsa, I prefer a smooth, pureed restaurant-style salsa.
- Worcestershire sauce is a condiment that is used to flavor food. For a more complex taste.
Mini Meatloaf: A Step-by-Step Guide
(The photographs below are for reference only; for complete directions, see the recipe card at the foot of this page.)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, and line a baking sheet with foil, if preferred. If your meatloaf muffins bubble over during cooking, this final step will make cleanup simpler.
- Make the glaze by combining all of the Ingredients. Measure the BBQ sauce, salsa, and Worcestershire sauce into a 1-cup measuring cup. Combine all Ingredients in a mixing bowl and put aside.
- Prepare the meatloaf mixture. Mix the ground beef, half of the glaze mixture, the egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and spice in a large mixing bowl until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- I prefer to smooth the top of the beef mixture and then slice it into six equal “wedges” with a butter knife for equal-sized mini meatloaves (like a pizza or a pie).
- Then I scoop up one portion at a time with a cookie scoop, filling the scoop with the meat mixture.
- Release the meat mixture into the muffin tray using the scoop, gently pushing it into the pan.
- Pour the remaining glaze over the muffins, evenly dividing it between them.
- Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are fully cooked.
- Remove the Mini Meatloaves from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined dish. Warm the dish before serving.
Doubling the Ingredients
This recipe yields six meatloaf muffins, which may be divided into three portions of two muffins each or four dishes of twelve muffins each, depending on appetites.
I had three little children when I first began cooking my Recipe for Mini Meatloaf, so six meatloaf cupcakes sufficed for my whole family. However, now that I have larger children with greater appetites, I just double this recipe to make a dozen meatloaf muffins.
Optional Veggie Add-Ins
When it comes to texture, my family like our Mini Meatloaf Muffins to be straightforward and simple (rather than thick).
That being said, you already know how much I like sneaking in vegetables whenever possible. So, when I make meatloaf muffins, I occasionally add one cup of finely shredded carrots, zucchini, or yellow squash to the ground beef mixture and it turns out excellent.
Alternatively, finely slice half an onion, a rib of celery, and/or a bell pepper and add them into the Mini Meatloaf mixture.
Gluten-free plain breadcrumbs, whether store-bought dried GF breadcrumbs or fresh handmade breadcrumbs prepared with GF bread, may be used in lieu of conventional breadcrumbs in this recipe.
Muffin Pan Suggestions
In a ceramic muffin pan, I love to bake meatloaf muffins. When I use a knife to free a little meatloaf from the pan, I don’t have to worry about scratching it. This sort of pan is very simple to soak and clean without rusting — or even toss in the dishwasher.
However, an ordinary metal muffin tray would work just fine for this recipe!
I haven’t tried it in a silicone muffin tin yet.
Mini Meatloaf that may be made ahead of time
Up to three days in advance:
- Make the glaze by combining all of the Ingredients.
- Combine the ground beef and other Ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate both well covered for up to three days.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven, spoon the meat mixture into a muffin tray, and continue with the procedure.
Up to 3 Months in Advance:
- Combine the glaze Ingredients in a freezer-safe, zip-top plastic bag. Squeeze out any remaining air, flatten and seal, and then freeze flat.
- Combine the ground beef and other Ingredients in a mixing bowl. Divide into six large meatballs, flash freeze on a baking sheet for a couple of hours, and then transfer to a freezer-thickness, zip-top plastic bag. Squeeze out the air, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
- Leave the meatballs in a muffin tin, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to defrost the night before you want to bake. At the same time, thaw the glaze baggie in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven after the meatballs have thawed, then push them into the muffin tray, glaze them, and continue with the Instructions.
Mini Meatloaves Cooked in the Freezer
Cooked meatloaf freezes nicely if you have leftovers or want to make an extra batch of meatloaf muffins.
Simply place the cooked, drained, and cooled meatloaf muffins in a freezer-safe container or bag, press out any extra air (if necessary), and freeze for up to three months. (If the muffins are fragile and won’t stay together, flash freeze them for a couple of hours on a baking sheet before transferring them to a freezer bag.)
Before reheating, let it thaw fully in the refrigerator.
Individual portions may be reheated in the microwave.
Alternatively, put the thawed mini meatloaves in a muffin tray, cover with foil, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through, in a preheated 250°F oven.
That’s all there is to it!
A quick, easy, and delicious supper for busy evenings! This Mini Meatloaf dish will not only satisfy your hungry family, but will also be requested again and again.
It’s easy to prepare, cook, and eat, and much easier to vanish.
Muffins with Mini Meatloaf
Recipe for Mini Meatloaf
This Recipe for Mini Meatloaf is an easy, yummy, family-favorite dinner of tender meatloaf muffins with flavorful glaze that cook in a fraction of the time thanks to muffin pans!
Pin Rate for Printing
Course Description: Main Course
15-minute prep time
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
35-minute total time
6 muffins per serving (3 to 4 servings)
calorie count: 258 kcal
To make the Mini Meatloaf Mix, combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
How to Make the Glaze:
Measure the barbecue sauce, salsa, and Worcestershire sauce into a 1-cup measuring cup and mix well. (Half of this mixture will go into the meatloaf, and the other half will go into the glaze.)
To make the meatloaf mixture, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Combine the ground beef, half of the glaze mixture, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and seasoned salt/Creole spice in a large mixing bowl.
Form & Bake:
Divide the meat mixture evenly among the six muffin cups, pushing and flattening the tops into the pan. Divide the remaining glaze mixture in half and spread it over the meatloaf muffins with care.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the Mini Meatloafs are fully cooked.
Use a spoon to assist pull each meatloaf muffin out of the pan after loosening the edges with a thin spatula or knife. Serve immediately after draining on a paper towel-lined platter.
- For 1 Mini Meatloaf Muffin, the nutrition information was calculated.
- The baking sheet beneath the muffin pan prevents any oil or glaze from overflowing and leaving a mess on the oven’s bottom.
- You may use ground turkey for ground beef, but make sure it’s ordinary ground turkey (dark meat or a combination) rather than ground turkey breast, which might dry out.
- If desired, 1 cup finely minced/grated vegetables (carrots, zucchini, onions, celery, bell peppers) may be added to the meat mixture.
- Season the meatloaf mixture with seasoned salt, Creole seasoning, or any seasoning combination you want. Consider adding 14 to 12 teaspoon more salt to the meat mixture if your spice blend does not already include salt.
- This dish serves a modest family, but if you have a big family, you’ll want to double it. To serve my family of five, I doubled this recipe to make 12 meatloaf muffins (with a bit of leftovers).
- Smooth the top of the meatloaf mix in the bowl and slice it into six equal “wedges” with a butter knife for equal-sized mini meatloaves (like a pizza or a pie). Then scoop up one part at a time with your hands or a cookie scoop.
calorie count: 258 kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 805mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 173IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg
The original version of this article was published on August 19, 2013, and it was modified on February 7, 2022.
The “mini meatloaf pan recipe” is a quick and easy recipe that can be made in under 40 minutes. The ingredients are simple and the dish is delicious.
- easy mini meatloaf
- kid-friendly mini meatloaf recipe
- individual meat loaves taste of home
- best mini meatloaf recipe
- mini meatloaf recipe with oats