Packed with whole-grain oats, these cookies are a great source of fiber and protein. They’re also packed with chocolate chips—yum!
Chunky Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies are a healthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookie that is perfect for any time of the day. They are easy to make and taste delicious. Read more in detail here: chocolate chip oatmeal cookies healthy.
These chunky cookies are low in sugar and baked with oats, making them ideal for a substantial afternoon snack or lunch box addition. They’re also great to prepare in bulk and store in the freezer.
There’s nothing wrong with youngsters eating store-bought snacks. My kids get their fair amount of crisps, chocolates, and other treats. But one thing I’ve noticed about homemade snacks is that they’re usually far more full than their store-bought counterparts.
These cookies, for example, are large and satisfying while remaining sugar-free. They make a fantastic afternoon snack or addition to lunch boxes when served with some chopped vegetables and fruit.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes for Kids
They’re also simple to create. All you need is a single bowl and an electric whisk.
The butter and sugar are creamed together, then an egg is added.
Mix in the flour, oats, and bicarbonate of soda using a spoon.
Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and divide the dough into 12 cookies.
Allow them cool for 15 minutes after baking so that they become really crispy.
In an airtight container, they’ll last 3 days. I normally keep a few for the following several days before freezing the remainder.
The Best Way To Freeze Cookies
Simply place the cookies in a freezer bag to freeze. You may use a regular freezer bag, but I like Squirrel’s silicone bags.
Because the cookies thaw in approximately 3 hours, I just take them out of the freezer in the morning and pack them into lunch or snack boxes for the kids to bring to school.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy these Oat & Raisin Cookies. Just as easy to make but chocolate free.
Please leave a comment and a star rating if you like this dish. You may also tag me in your photos on Instagram. I’m always excited to see what you’ve come up with!
Oat Cookies with Chocolate Chips
These chunky cookies are low in sugar and packed with oats, making them ideal for an afternoon snack or lunch box addition. They’re also great to prepare in bulk and store in the freezer.
- 125g butter (unsalted)
- 50g sugar (light brown)
- 1 large egg
- 120g all-purpose flour
- 100 grams of oats
- a quarter teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- chocolate chips (50g)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Fahrenheit with the fan on and two baking pans lined with parchment paper.
- With an electric whisk, combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing basin. Add the egg and continue to beat for a few more seconds.
- Combine the flour, oats, and bicarbonate in a large mixing bowl.
- Last but not least, add the chocolate chips.
- Make 12 equal-sized dough balls out of the ingredients. Place them on the baking tins and push them down to form cookies.
- 15 minutes in the oven Allow to cool on the trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Store for up to 3 days in an airtight container. They may also be frozen and defrosted at room temperature in a few hours.
2166.5 g33.9 mg10.1 g6.3 g25.7 g2.2 g4 g 1 cookie
These “oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies” are made with oats, flour, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. They have a chewy texture and the perfect amount of sweetness.
- oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- oatmeal chocolate cookies
- old-fashioned oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- easy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies